This year really will be your Presentation Day! The club has decided not to put on any events this year on Presentation Day. Not because we are mean spirited BUT simply to continue the good work we have started in terms of engaging parents, managers and coaches in understanding that Bingham Town FC really is your club and you are a massive part of it!
The club will, of course, be providing the staging, PA system, trophies and the kitchen will be open as usual (and probably an ice cream van - although an enterprising squad might want to organise this themselves!) but then the rest is up to you - the squads and parents! An email has gone out to everyone explaining everything and asking you to 'Get Involved.' We would like you to provide some interesting/challenging entertainment for the players and guests on the day.
What would we like YOU to do?
- You can either do something as your own squad and enjoy all of the financial benefits or join with other squads in your age group and share the financial rewards
- We need you to set up a social team of four or fourteen parents - doesn't matter the number (the more the merrier) - nominate one as the coordinator - to decide what game/challenge you want to put on
- Come together as a social team and organise your event/challenge - what it needs, who will man it during the day, how much you are going to charge, will there be a prize for the winner etc
- Contact the club to advise what you are doing to secure the idea and ensure that nobody else can have it - first come, first served.
- Advise the club how big an area you want so that we can mark it out as 'your area.'
Let me know how long you want it for i.e. a couple of hours, the whole afternoon etc
Arrive on Presentation Day and set the challenge/game up
ALL PROCEEDS FROM YOUR EVENT WILL GO TO YOUR SQUAD FUNDS FOR THOSE LITTLE EXTRAS eg A TEAM DAY OUT, RAIN JACKETS, BOBBLE HATS, WATER BOTTLES - SO IT IS UP TO YOU TO MAXIMISE YOUR OPPORTUNITY! THERE WILL BE AROUND 500 PARENTS/GRANDPARENTS DURING THE DAY PLUS THE PLAYERS LOOKING TO SPEND THEIR MONEY ON SOMETHING SO MAKE IT GOOD!
- Ideas you might want to consider - stocks (if you have some or know where to get some from) with soak the manager; welly wanging; Cake/Bake off stall; Foot volleyball; Football into a bucket; Hire a bouncy castle (your responsibility not the football club); Three legged race - anything! It doesn't have to cost a lot - just something to keep players of all ages entertained. It is amazing how quickly a 50p/£1 charge can mount up especially if you've got a good idea which gets people interested and want to try again.
So, get those thinking caps on!
I look forward to receiving some great ideas.
Drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Rob Harwood, Chairman
Updated 09:37 - 31 Mar 2019 by Robert Harwood
Bingham Town FC